Import Citations » WilsonWeb
Importing WilsonWeb Records into EndNote
If you have EndNote on the computer where you do your searching WilsonWeb
has a feature called Direct Export. This allows you to search and select
citations and export them directly to Endnote.
- Mark desired records by clicking in the box to the left of each
- Click PRINT/SAVE/EMAIL on the left hand
- Click in the box next to EXPORT TO BIBLIOGRAPHIC SOFTWARE....
- Click in the circle next to THE ENDNOTE FILTER.
- Click EXPORT.
- You will be prompted for your EndNote Library. Select the desired
- The filter box will appear. Select the WILSONWEB filter
and your records will be exported automatically into EndNote.
Saving WilsonWeb Records for transfer to EndNote
- Mark desired records or save/email the entire list.
- Click PRINT/SAVE/EMAIL on the left
hand menu bar.
- Click SAVE OPTIONS.
- At the FIELDS box select desired choice. Note: You
cannot import Full-text into EndNote.
- At the FORMAT: box select FOR EXPORTING TO BIBLIOGRAPHIC SOFTWARE.
- Click SAVE.
- Save records as a text file, with the filename plus the extension .txt
in the FILE NAME Box.
- Click SAVE.
**If emailing records, you must then save them with a file name from
your email program before importing them into EndNote.
Importing Your Saved WilsonWeb File into EndNote
- Open Endnote.
- Open your EndNote database.
- At the menu bar select FILE and IMPORT.
- Click CHOOSE FILE and select your WilsonWeb
- Click OPEN.
- Select REFMAN RIS from IMPORT OPTION: pull-down
If filter is not found in pull-down menu, click on OTHER FILTERS,
highlight the REFMAN RIS filter and click CHOOSE.
- Click IMPORT.