What is it?
Papers for Mac or Windows is a citation manager focused on helping researchers "collect and curate" research material.
- A Papers 3 license entitles you to use Papers 2 for Mac, Papers 3 for Mac, and Papers 1.5 for Windows. You can activate up to three computers at a time. Licenses can be used with both Papers for Mac and Papers for Windows.
- Papers for Windows now syncs with Papers for Mac and Papers for iOS! Your library can be made available to each of your computers and iOS devices.
- Requirements: Papers 3: Mac OS X Lion and above. Papers 2: Mac OS X Snow Leopard and above. Papers 1.5: Microsoft Windows XP or later. Papers iOS: iOS 6 and above, 2nd Gen iPad, iPhone 4 or newer.
Customizing Papers for UW-Madison
- In the menu bar, click on Papers then Preferences
- Select Access
- In the library proxy drop down menu "none" is selected by default
- Select University of Wisconsin-Madison from the drop down menu
- In the LIBRARY WEBSITE URL box, type the following URL: http://www.library.wisc.edu/
- In the menu bar, click on File then Options then Access
- Select University of Wisconsin-Madison from the Use Library Proxy drop down menu
- In the LIBRARY WEBSITE URL box, type the following URL:http://www.library.wisc.edu/
- In the sidebar, tap Settings then scroll down to the Proxy Settings area
- In the Proxy Settings box, enter: http://ezproxy.library.wisc.edu/login?url=%@
- While searching within Papers, if you encounter a journal website that is access-restricted, tap the address bar to invoke an action pop-up.
- Tap Login/Authenticate.
- Papers Login/Authenticate pop-up.
- On the Libraries' Remote Access to Library Resources page, tap Login With Your NetID.
Help from Papers
- Papers Knowledge Base: http://support.mekentosj.com/kb
- Papers 3 FAQ: http://support.mekentosj.com/kb/getting-started-with-papers-3-for-mac/papers-3-for-mac-faq
- Ultimate Guide to Getting Started with Papers: http://support.mekentosj.com/kb/getting-started-with-papers2/the-ultimate-getting-started-guide-to-papers