The UW-Madison Libraries website is openly accessible and presents a wide range of electronic resources. Many of these are purchased. Purchased resources…
- Require licenses
- Have copyright restrictions
- Are restricted to specific users, usually UW-Madison students, faculty and staff
You are a validated UW-Madison Libraries patron if you are in a campus library, using a computer on campus via a campus LAN (Local Area Network), or using UW-Madison WiscWorld dial-up.
If you are currently affiliated with UW-Madison but using a different ISP (Internet Service Provider), or using DoIT's WiscVPN, or accessing our resources from another university, you need to login via the remote proxy service.
Note: Most resources are available for off-campus access through the Libraries remote access service. However, some resources are unavailable off-campus due to technical or licensing issues.
Resources Unavailable Off-campus
The following resources are not currently proxied:
- Ancestry Library Edition is not licensed for off-campus use.
- Chem Sources - Online is licensed only for on-campus use.
- Standard and Poor's Net Advantage is licensed only for on-campus use.
The following are not currently proxied:
- INFORMS PubsOnline (Interfaces, Management Science, Marketing Science, Mathematics of Operation Research, Operations Research, Organization Science, Transportation Science) at pubsonline.informs.org as of February 2003
- Journal of Investment Management as of May 2013 this title is not licensed for off-campus use.
There are thousands of electronic journals available to this campus and the list grows daily. If you have a specific licensed, Web-based journal or other resource you need to use from off-campus, please contact the Library Technology Group Help Desk and tell us the name and, if possible, the URL of the resource.Jump to top